Fourth of July appliance sale offers are compelling. Here are some offers in just one online Ad from a leading Big Box store:
4th of July appliance deals
Up to 40% off
Up to $600 XXXX’s Gift Card
FREE local delivery
- up to 40% off Select Refrigerator Special Values
- up to 35% off Select Washer & Dryer Special Values
- up to 40% off Select Range, Dishwasher, Microwave, Wall Oven, Cooktop, Freezer, & Ice-maker Special Values
Save $1900 Stainless Steel 4-Piece Suite
(Just to show how “special” this 4th of July sale really is, this little error is at the bottom of the ad: “Memorial Day Appliance Deals are Here”)
Don’t Be Fooled
These sale appliances are typically de-featured, and not what we would normally purchase. They’re often unappealing in appearance, and likely to lack features that are important to us. More importantly, maybe we just don’t need an appliance today.
The vast majority of appliance purchases are for one of these three reasons:
- An appliance has failed and needs to be replaced.
- A new home purchase.
- A new household formation.
How likely is it that one of these life changing events is conveniently scheduled to occur on the 4th of July? So why are so many appliances sold during the 4th of July holiday? It’s simply because:
1. Holiday periods offer a shopping opportunity, and retailers capitalize on this to promote their wares.
2. The allure of saving money on an appliance during a holiday sale is greater than waiting until we actually need the appliance.
Get the appliance you need when you need it rather than just one that happens to be on sale during a holiday. You’re going to live with your appliances for a long time.
Here’s a customer complaint about a washer that was purchased at a Black Friday sale a few years ago:
“This is not a washer you can start and walk away from to do other things. Every time I start a load of laundry I must stay close to it to make sure it continues the cycle because it often “hangs” on the wash cycle and sits forever…. I hate this machine with the passion of 1000 white hot suns. I would go on, but it is laundry day and I have to go back downstairs to babysit the washer.”
For help with your home needs for appliances, flooring products, window treatments, and more contact the professionals at Arizona Wholesale today.